MAC party + Shisha

|
Many say one goes through many forms of change into adolescence, losing immature traits in the process, there are some inhibitions I just cannot seem to distance from; which is well... being immature.

Perhaps its my perpetual belief that not jokers, but children are the most jovial beings in existence that my subconscious becomes inclined to cling onto their relative behaviours. This begins over lunch at KAP Mac's where some wise-ass decides to throw the idea of a birthday party for dawn at macs.

For the spastics that have been imprisoned in the basement and those who drink detergent for breakfast; mac birthday parties are for humans whom are born IN the 21st century. Being the cutest idea that was available, I was somehow injected to believe this was a good idea in absence of alcohol; which I do not comprehend how possible.

The next thing I remember, it was Saturday and my phone was emitting enough radiation to power half of Singapore for the next 10 years. Despite my countless SMS-es that were tantamount to be classified as SPAM; many have the cheek to turn the invitation down. What's amazing was that I didn't even inform them of the.. genre of the party. Nevertheless, the show must go on..

4pm saw me trying to get dawn and ca to loiter around suspiciously in the NLB @ Bukit Merah to buy time. While others decide to come late, some try to outdo them by not turning up at all. Perhaps what they didn't mention in Business school was that invitations were like stock prices; decreasing in depressions.

Finally the guests.. (actually only 3) arrive and they were ushered into the Macs to "suprise" dawn. She gets there and becomes elated to see fion and jerms.

Games at macs were.. interesting, while our pride not so much. Nevertheless, it was still enjoyable, and detrimental to my jaw for laughing so much. Quan enjoyed himself the most and he will vouch for it.



Ralph having a good time



Next we decide to go to PS to eat, and since ralph wasn't too keen on missing his Man U match, we decided to absolve our morals and try shisha.


Fabian comes along and suggests a dubious looking alley which I suspect doubled up as a crack joint. We finally settle on a table and a flavour to try.

Its actually quite stupid if you ask me, the flavours taste the same, but it was fun trying to blow funny smoke patterns. Before I realised; it was like 2am and I have spent well over 5 hours there.

It scares me how while others were feeling the lethargy and dread of the night, I grew increasingly active in conversation, thought and actions. I wish to attribute this to the nightstalker-ish element within me, and not that I was intoxicated by the shisha pipe which I somehow could'nt leave alone. Could there be a smoker in me? =O

Just of a few minutes I was browsing Wikipedia when I managed to chance upon this:

"Other research shows that a 45 minute session of hookah tobacco smoking (tobacco molasses) delivers slightly more tar and carbon monoxide (around 5-10%) than a pack of cigarettes"

For the first time; I am actually starting to pray Wikipedia isn't right.

0 comments: