Ants; Interesting

|
I left some traces of egg while cooking them for my supper; on the table.

Five hours later when I returned to the kitchen I realised it was swarmed by ants.

Its close to 5 in the morning now; so I emptied part of my cup of cold water on them...

Only a few were caught in the flood. Other ants quickly began to enter the flood in an attempt to rescue their comrades. Not all of them shared the same ideal, a few continued to harvest the egg, others just went along their duties as if nothing happened... ok, except for the fact they realise Zeus is throwing waterbolts at them, so they moved a little faster.

I followed the trail to a small crack in the wall, tactfully hidden behind the kettle.. so this was their trick.

Then came an ant that didnt really look like the rest. It moved alot faster for starters, about 3-5 times normal speed; and it had feelers too, was slightly paler in colour.

Zooming quickly across the battlefield, it wasn't long before it reached the flood. However, it just probed around for a while before leaving the ants to drown.

By now, the ants whom have gone into the flood to save their comrades are mostly still; only a few were quivering around for their lives, in search for an escape. Somehow no matter how they tried, they could not break the water blot once they entered.

Looking again, I realise some of them were still busy gathering food. Now this will not do, you cannot leave comrades drowning while you are enjoying my eggs. Not because this is totally un-humanitarian and devoid of compassion; but because you did not pay for the eggs, much less rental in this house. I did what I could do to help; I threw a kitchen towel at them.

This seemed to knock some of the ants on the egg to join their comrades in the flood. I smile to myself, relishing in my success at burying a few more. However, one lone ant seemed to survive, by crawling up the kitchen towel, which soaked some of the water..

This reminds me of a certain scene in... Titanic was it? (Apple you loser. you wont know what I'm talking about)

Moments pass; finally.. all movement ceased in the waters... they were dead... dead trying to save a friend, dead with food for the queen.. only the ant which crawled up the towel stayed alive.


Moral of the story: Don't be a smart ass and try to save others when you dont know how to swim. You will leave my maid with more bodies to clear.


Idiots.

0 comments: