As per cirriculum for JJC students, I shall pen this post in the midst of doing yoga, by breathing only through one nose. This is not voluntary, but a result of an irremovable congestion, cold and sore throat. I may be sick, but you wont realise how sick I am until u finish this post.
Many people have been asking me what I'm studying in MCM. Well, to be frank, I don't know why I'm even there, let alone how my modules will be of use. For the sake of ignorant readers, I will be rewarding your loyalty to my blog with a free crash-course. (Limited time only) Fellow coursemates, please do not read, or proceed with an open-heart for laughter. I haven't written my will yet, and I'm still a virgin.
Because of stereotypical influences, I've been taught to believe that there are certain distinct traits to individuals whom choose this field of study, mostly which are not very pleasant. Of course, you can disagree....and for the first time, you are not wrong, simply because I say so.
Poor Chinese
Terribly untrue, as I am a living testimonial. You will see students from even Chinese extractions attempt to speak english once they realise you are from MCM, after you have spent half an hour figuring out it IS english. However, like in every herd, there will always be black sheep, some which just happen to make out 0.3% of the cohort.
Significantly Smarter
If you think Steve Job's marketing is Crème de la Crème, you obviously havent met the smart chap who thought up of this. With controversy armed as his/her marketing tool, the individual has successfully sold the course as an "by-invitation-only" thing. One such evidence is that half the world dosent know what you study in MCM, but they want to get in. (Or so I think.. See!? Even I've been sold out!)
Assumption : You have to be smart and cool to get in.
Fact: Dawn is in.
Bimbo-City
Till now, I've been unable to ascertain the nature of this stigmata. Likewise, its results appear to show almost a 50-50. Be it my terrible taste, or that God seems be blind in this area. The lands of MCM are where you can find students dressed in the most.... fashionable fashions... too fashionable to the extent you might think they are something taken out of Minority Report. However, the sad fact is that one of the three personalities of a bimbo are not fufilled here. I WILL not SAY. DONT ASK ME ANYMORE.
Bimbo - (Wikiedpia ) Bimbo is a term that emerged in popular English language usage in the late 20th Century to describe an often attractive, yet stupid, pliable woman
There are three distinct classes of individuals that will make up the major consitution in this field of study. Note this is my word of mouth from seniors, and not my ridiculous presumptions expositions, I will post those later, not now.
Nerds:Ner-d:(nûrd): Often assosciated with individuals whom are too engrossed in work, or too enthuastic. Being an A student also automatically qualifies you for this. For examples, please refer to ShengYong. I will consider myself to be either here or the next category, except I dont have the results. You can disagree, but this time you're wrong.
BackStabbers:Bak.St-aBBrS:(bāk'stāb'er): Used to describe students whom have almost made the auditions for HitMan: The Movie. Adept with many types of knives, they are able swiftly and silently penetrate your flesh to leave you bleeding and dying. Only applicable from the behind. See Silent Assassains for disambiguation.
Clubbers:Cla.BBerS:(klŭb'ərs): Synomous with slow moving zombies in Resident Evil : Extinction, they are people whom usually appear to be silent in lectures, not because they are paying attention, but that they have still two full bottles of Barcardi in their blood, and are dying from liver failure at 17. I swear do not light a fire near them, or you will be charged with Arson/Murder.
However, in my fairly short stay in the course. I feel that there are certainly more sub-sections that should be included. This is the part where my ridiculous presumptions come in.
Otakus- Often clad in weird outfits. Being around such individuals too long will make you fear black notebooks. Believing they possess supernatural powers of some sort, such people speak in gibberish only their fellow counterparts understand. Because their perception of reality lies only a thin line away from their Gundam suit, I will advise you to stay clear of the more severe cases... or you will hear him shouting "SENNEN GOROSHI!"
WuZunFans- Basically blind people. Or students that need new specs. Often seen in crowded areas shouting at their idols, such people can whine for a lecture being one hour long, and squeal in joy waiting like... five days to welcome some ladyboy from taiwan. Frequent hangouts include: K-Box, Comics Connection. Basically identifable by shouting "WUZUN!" loudly. This is very much like shouting "Hitler!" and a german proudly stick out his arm and go "HEIL!"
Emo:Subcultural People- No character description. All attempts to communicate with them have been recriporacted with blank stares. Often seen in toilets with razor blades.
Because I have totally no idea what I'm studying, I'm sorry I will not be able to provide you insights to the nature of this course. However, what I want to highlight is a very very useful class known as CATS.
A class where its students are encouraged to think out of the box and practice expressionalism, in hope that they will discover some supernova idea. However, what most people do not know that this also doubles as a training facility of sucide bombers under the decitful cover : Creative Applied Thinking Skills.
Students are told to come up with creative solutions to terribly improbable problems. The best thing is that all solutions are acceptable, as long they sound feasible. (Feasible here refers to using an atomic bomb in Beijing to kill that kid who stole a bun) Students leave the class, supposedly invigorated with confidence that they ARE able to do something and make a change. Sadly, as soon as the last student is out of the door, the teacher goes " HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA, IDIOTS! ". It deeply pains me to see how my fellow schoolmates are decepted into thinking they actually possess some form of power.
Crazy courses need crazy teachers. Mine is no exception. Taken from probably a Harry Potter movie, she is the best candidate for this position. Armed with a face for the topic (She really looks like a cat), and the speech of Dolores Umbridge, she explains creative concepts to students, all which are as real as a three dollar note. Every word she says sounds like an incantation for "Expelimerius!" or "Riddikulus!".
Did you all ever had a feeling that sometimes God is screwing around with you? Well, I do. As soon as I entered my class, I had the joy of my life. Reknowned soccer player F. Terres (I know the spelling, dont act smart) is in my CLASS! Unknown to some of her "friends", this is how her name is pronounced...or so she says. Luckily for me, my cover has not been exposed, unlike Brian, who openly flamed her. I was still able to smile, and GUESS WHAT!? WE DID GROUPWORK TOGETHER~! WOO! Of the HUNDRED's of IS classes, I managed to TIO her. Now how lucky is that?!
0 comments:
Post a Comment