Sentosa Stakeout II

|
Just finished watching what I thought would be a crappy ghost show on Ch.8

However, was proved otherwise. Surprise endings always catch me. It's probably because of their ability to make you feel stupid by showing you flashback scenes. Its like shouting at your face, " HAHA. FOOL! "

This post is penned at unearthly hours because I was building a moat on Sentosa at this very same hour yesterday.

Went Sentosa after we exceeded expectations by managing to sum a 170 for BBQ food. Note this was planned for 13-15 pax in mind. However, the overwhelming response of 5 people also far exceeded expectations. Nevertheless, still made it 10pax after screaming @ some people over the phone.

So we began our BBQ on Sentosa's beach when we suddenly realised after cooking the charcoal. WTF, no WIRE MESH?

Unbecoming as this might seem, it marked the beginning of a draconian age for our clique. Time seemed to be upheavaled as we transcended the boundaries of space time into like 80000 BC. Wait, I think I see a T-Rex there.

It became like a tribe outing. We started out by having to hold our own sticks of kebabs to BBQ. Then It was decided that we needed illumination and we splitted up to find firewood. Just when I found two planks and thought I was to be hailed firelord of the tribe. Alfred championed the use of wooden stilts, those that they tie to trees to make them grow straight. Don't ask me how that idiot manages to untie the ropes and drag it all the way to our campsite.

Then came the task on hand, splitting the wood. The thing was like 2.5m long, clearly impossible to burn properly. Thank goodness we brought the green along. With a simple "HULK SMASH", LY managed to snap the stilt into half.....


" YOU NO MAKE HULK ANGRY "


Ok, so I lied, we used a tree to break it into half, but you get my point. Here, the tribe ascended 2000 years into time, we discovered fire..

Then came the need for comfort, as according to Maslow. I managed to find a deck chair and dragged it back to camp. Here, I stand glorified as the furniture lord, pioneering the use of materials for comfort.

It was not too long later that our tribe needed further industrialization. Splitting into teams, we scouted the lands of Siloso beach for useful materials. I shit you not, you really CAN live as a tribe there. Our findings included: Firewood, Straw Mats, Chairs, Rope, Wire Net, Chairs

It was nearing 12am, we needed to move our fire towards the waters.... for fear for the gatekeeper. There's this police SUV that will patrol the beaches past 12am, scouting for any form of malicious intent of unlawful assembly, like us. Hopefully, but shifting the illumination, the topography of the land will prevent unwanted attention from the blue/red lights van.

The moving of the fire was a success, as Brian managed to dig a hole for campfire, hereby replacing Alfred's position as the tribe's firelord. On the other hand, Nat went into the Art. Waltzing the sands under the stars with his partner.... Alfred, he discovered music... its called iPod, although his taste of black music clearly didn't suit some of our preferences. It is also at this moment, CA and I affirmed our roles as carpenters by building a hammock. Can you believe it? A hammock, just based of materials we found.

You might be wondering what LY and the girls have been doing all this while. If you are, then you will be shocked like me. They serve as similar function of a black hole, devouring all contents and earthly possessions that were with us when we set afoot the island, the diminishing rate of our food supplies can be clearly defined as a vertical line on a x-y graph aka TANGENT 90.

*Random comment: Did you guys realise we only bought meat? There's like no staple food at all.*

By this time, the sun had been completely obliterated by the darkness of the night, showing no veer vanity of its light. LY was appearing to be unstable and increasingly disturbed. Finally he relented, and revealed his true intentions. The silent beast residing in the dark arcs of his inner mind seem to roar out so loud that it shattered the silence of the moon, its thirst... not for blood, but absolut... vodka that is.

At this time, Alfred seemed to have switched roles and was pursing the fine art of culinary, cooking everything he could find. Either he became more sensible, or that he was afraid by the time he finished ballroom dancing with nat there will be nothing left to fill his empty stomach. Nat on the other hand unleashed his pyromaniac powress and negated the fire until the sand almost melted.

Again you can observe the progression of the tribe. It seemed that now we have more then basics and climbed the Maslow's hierarchy.

Then came the age of war as the tribe began to prepare defences. Our main enemy was the rising tide that threatened to extinguish the burning passion of the tribe.. our campfire. This will not be allowed, as a call to arms was in order, every man piling sand to build a fort, in hopes that the tide will not pass. This is no doubt the age of architecture as one will marvel at the pure ingenuity of our design. The sea seemed to realise they have no chance to defeating us and the waves subsided in shameful defeat. The tide lowered and we were saved. Cowards.

Brian then moved on and awakened his LOTR potential by picking up a wooden plank, supposedly used as fuel, and carving it into a sword. This was done with fire and a metal rod they called "shikai". This is of course, the age of metalwork, as the fire doubled as a forge. On the other hand, Nat and I took interest in the development of shamanistic powers, the study of fire, or pyromania. This will be very familiar to the season WC3 human player. An arcane sanctum and a workshop, if you recall. Tier 2. Do you now dare to deny our progressing existence?

While nat proceeded to throw a lighter in hopes to research what will be the tribe's first bomb. He realised there was an economy of resources, as after the lighter he threw combusted, there was no more left. On the other hand, I tinkered in Naruto jutsus and developed what is now championed as a sasuke tatic, the katon gokakyuu no justsu. Observe.


Call me Sasuke

Beautiful as it might look, it is but a rose with thorns. Firstly, the jutsu user will experience after burning effects on his tongue after the breath. If not quickly treated, may prove fatal to the taste buds. Next, the justsu costs like... 2-3 dollars each time, as per the vodka consumed.... expensive... We both realised the fallacies in our disciplines and our hogwarts was shut down. However, the tribe still needed warriors, so I moved on to metalwork while Nat chickened out and digressed to advance fire-taming.

While Brian was forging his sword, it was but a white elephant, useless in combat. It was like crafted for the eyes and not the hand. Nice to see but cannot use. Then came CA, a new contender in the field. That noob challenged me to a sword fight without realising my degree of expertise in this familiar art. Our first sparing took place on elevated topography, as we fought beside the trees.

The rules are simple, you ignite your sword with fire and you clash blades. Whoever's sparks die off the sword first loses. However, CA managed to cheat and somehow win, dont ask me how he cheated but I know he did, else he couldnt have won.

Humiliated by this defeat, I swore by blood and blade there will be no other, as I spent prolonged periods of time forging my new sword by the fires. However, like all heros in movies, I met with roadblocks, this one which is an irritant. A motorcycle pulled over near us and told us...

" NO FIRE ON THE BEACH "

Quickly, we threw sand and extinguished the heart of our tribe. Satisfied at our demise, he left. Like they say...its harder to guard the inside. Afterall, it was not the huge sea that brought down our flames, but ourselves to save our necks..... Shame shame..

Nevertheless, we will not give up that easily, as seconds after the motorcycle was out of sight, we resuscitated the fire. It was not long before I returned to forging my Excalibur. Finally, it was time, as I battled CA again at the very same spot, this time winning with great honour, no cheating at all.

By this time, LY aka HULK somehow managed to do something as stupid as to down one whole cup of pure vodka. He appeared to be smiling and sleepy. This is a very clear distinction of a drunk hulk. Everyone knows to stay clear of drunk JJC nerds as you will not expect homosapien behaviour from them. We almost had to shackle him to a tree..

You might think there is no love within the tribe. However, you are very wrong. Brian and Dawn are the new Adam and Eve, disappearing under the cover of darkness and turning sentosa into temptation island. Enuff said.

It was now approaching the dark ages, as our fire dimmed. One very simple reason is because Nat our firelord was sleeping snugly by the fire on the beach chair I FOUND.... Actually, everyone was just plain tired.... So I think we slept...

Retiring to my hammock, which I had to kick a sleeping Alfred off from, I napped till the first sight of dawn. The beauty of the sunrise paralleled that of the northern lights in the North Pole. I must have been real lucky, I managed to witness two shooting stars, one blue and one green. I think this is the first time I've see them. Short-lived as they are like the blink of an eye, it leaves a lasting effect of bittersweetness in you.


Chio.

Do you all like have problems waking up? The best solution is to make a big mess before you sleep like we did. What awoke the sleep starved tribe was not a huge meteor that threatened Armageddon, but a feeble old cleaner. When Alfred caught sight of him, he simple shouted " CLEANER, ZHAO! "

In no time at all, the tribe was nowhere to be seen, having moved to.... er... "greener" pastures.. and cleaner ones too.

So we went to wash-up at the toilet. Upon leaving I saw this buggy there, supposedly the cleaners. Without further ado, I hopped off and drove off in my new lambroghini, cruising the roads of Sentosa with my new ride. BEAT THAT NOOB!

Very very fun and rewarding trip, pity to the noobs whom missed it. yo all suck. 4am liao. cool... took so long to write.

PS: New blog song, S.H.E afterall can sing a BIT. I shall watch dou niu becos this song rocks.

I made both wishes for you, so can I get them for christmas pleaseeee?

0 comments: