His previous works are known to be an epitome of music, however, his latest tinkering has proved otherwise. It has finally come to an end, like all good things, his streak of remarkable sales for his songs, considering 70% of the songs contain incomprehensible gibberish. Yes of course, he's Jay.
Seated comfortably relaxed as a cowboy on a pink pony and with his usual laid back look on his album cover, he resembles one of the lead casts in Brokeback Mountain. Gay.. I mean.. Jay Chou's new album has received incredibly low sales, nearing only 50,000 in two weeks compared to other less popular singers achieve in one. One must feel compelled to buy a CD upon these words, however, a wise bird will wait for his wings to harden before he flies. A few minutes of "preview" into his new album has completely obliterated my respect for him.
Jay's response to his poor album sales was not somewhat honest like... "Oh, Ok, So I can't be a cowboy?" or "I should stick to singing Arabic" but a disappointing "My sales figures are genuine". If this is not a publicity stunt, it better be that Jay got hit hard on the head with a grand piano while filming Secret. Either way, it depicts one of the sad facts of life that when-you-get-despo-you-chut-pattern-to-sell and answers an age-old question: Do you change or conform?
As if my mental capabilities were not maimed badly enough, I had to find his MV on Youtube. People, I will not elaborate more. When you see the MV, you will wonder who managed to impersonate Jay and get away with an MV. And just when I thought I could pin my hopes on the rest of his album for salvation, he bites me square in the ass with song after song of William Hung.
For someone who has been nearly immortalised in the music industry for his works of zenith across numerous years, this is no doubt a very stupid ending, like in DOA. What I manage to reclaim from my shattered hopes was this song currently playing in your ear. However, this too does not end nicely, as Jay has managed to infuse chicken-slaughtering sounds at the end of the song to be considered part of his "music". If I personally could see Jay now, believe me, I will aim another grand piano at his head to fix this sacrilege.
0 comments:
Post a Comment