On Weddings...

|
They're always there, those familiar faces. You see them every year, every dinner, ever big family occasion. You stare at them, they smile back, as if having known you your entire life, you reciprocate, smiling back. They call out your name, you continue smiling... in tense silence, because you simply have no idea who the hell they are....

Just got back from a rather... interesting wedding dinner. The groom was my cousin, who seemed to have put on a considerable amount of stored energy. My paternal family has 9 siblings, so I have so many relatives I don't even know exist... but they all know I do. Like a scene off disturbia, you kinda get freaked out, its like you've been watched all your life.

The orientation was fairly glamarous, including an interesting montage of photoshoots. Couples nowadays seem to peddle crack, affording the most extravagant marriage photoshoots. Unconsciously, society's crux has polymorphed from materialistic to acquisitive. Desires overshadow their barriers. They had like multi-cultural gowns of photoshoots, (We're not talking local sarees here) in exotic locations. The cutest thing was their poster shots, which clad them in simple shirts and jeans, and them each carrying a dog. (I'm bad with breeds)

So, into like the sixth-dish, I had to.....answer certain calls....Walking into the gents, I realised my laces were undone. So I knelt down to tie them. Suddenly, someone came staggering in. He looked tipsy foaming at the mouth. The foam was purple. Without warning, he jitao merlion beside me. Heng I siamed, or else sure piakpiakpiak all over me. Quickly tying up. When I left the toilet, I noticed merlion stains all over the carpet.. All purple. Twice some more. I think he's screwed, remembering the couple who made papers for their stained carpet suite.

Let's talk family. Usually, we will be brought about to be "introduced" to seniors, so we can greet them. What's their expected response?

" 张那么高了啊。。不认得你了"

Ok, so maybe its the nostalgia, and yes they probably were right. After all....the last time we met was.......okay, pokemon was not even out. ok!? I realise something. In situations like these, you automatically qualify as an ornament. Its almost as if you transform to become an age-old relic, a milestone for time. Relatives use your growth to benchmark how many years have passed. In addition, you receive "appraisals" about your looks. Now, tell me, is that not what you would do the same for a vintage monument?

Most memorable part was their choice of songs, or at least the planner's. Included a instrumental version of Stan, and I Believe as their main theme, a change in blog song ^^

0 comments: