Sunday
So today I went off to get my new... second second hand phone. (all confusion intended) Q9H Motorola; for becoming online on the go. (So now, im truly online)
Later on supposed to go meet at chel's place for cookout so she tells me.. SERANGOON MRT was the closest.
Now if you are any normal; sane person serangoon sounds like some ranger park and the colour green should pop into your mind. Still thoroughly engrossed in my phone; I hopped onto the train for JE. When the train reached the station; another train was about to leave so I quickly boarded it....
A few minutes later...
" Chinese Garden.. "
WTF? Wrong side? It still took me a few seconds before I realised it and bolted for the door. Getting off the train I stared at the map and suddenly realised serangoon... is NOT on a green line?
At this moment another train was threatening to leave the station so I quickly chionged to board it: It was the train headed for the JE Mrt.
My eyes were still peeled on the phone so I quickly gave a few quick stares to ascertain where the obscure land name SERANGOON was. The Red line seemed to have one so I took the train BACK towards CCK, en-route to the station..
Few minutes later jerms calls me when I'm at yew tee and starts scolding me. I suddenly realised its SEMBAWANG and not SERANGOON thats on the red line...
And the above story is how $15 was well spent on a taxi to kovan. I <3 my navigation skills.
Nevertheless reached the NTUC to see them pile a trolley full of food and chalking up an incredible $183 bill for ONE dinner for 6 people... Now if you are any sane rational person you will spend that kind of money on a nice meal at Jack's Place and be SERVED instead.
Carted the food to chel's place and the feast began. There was so much food I swear we could feed ALL of the hungry kids in Africa. The most damage comes from the $21 for 2pcs ribeye steak... which we bought 6 and tasted darn good T.T
Left for jacq's surprise later on... and. zomg. will not even begin to describe puppy's good ideas. Its a matter of time before I start on the fur.
Shared a cab home at about 2 AM. Which marks the beginning of the continuation to the second half of my post. (again all confusion intended)
I have this aged affinity with cats; since young. Perhaps its that cat that gave birth to incredibly aesthetically pleasing offspring when I was an infant; or my discrete liking for beings possessing high intelligence, impetused by my perpetual belief that cats are scornfully smart, I sort of feel attracted to them.
So this resident cat in my block was sitting there when we crossed paths. I stopped beside it, and it starts to walk in circles, rubbing against me. Somehow cats usually do this to me if I manage to get them to stop and play. Now I may not be a feline genius; but this is seems like a sign of affection.
**Google tells me that this is a more atas form of territory marking, they dont pee all over like dogs do. When the cat rubs you, he is marking you with his scent, claiming you as "his." "
After a while it got boring so I stopped to leave, but the cat didnt follow. Suddenly, I get bored, and this is not a good sign. I cannot be bored. I stop and lower myself down to entice the kitty to follow. He takes the bait (assumption here based on gut feeling). Soon we're at the lift. I step inside. He refuses, and waits by the door.
I try the same trick again, he dosent take bait, staring cautiously at the door. I decide to stop and just go home. The lift door closes, he stares through the glass opening as I rise..
Tuesday
Its about 1-2am, and I'm downstairs buying supper. On my way back I see the same kitty again. This time it recognises me and does the rubbing thing again. I get up and walk towards to lift.
Something is different this time. He gets up and follows me around, crossing my path every few seconds. Eventually we reach the lift and he stops outside again. I get in, and to my surprise; he follows...
I hit close and the lift starts to move. Before I knew it he goes "REAOW REAOW REAOW" all the way up 13 floors staring at the door then at me. Not to mention its incredibly scary and I was sure he was going to claw me anytime now.
As soon as the door open he darts out, but is taken aback my the new surrounding. I realise the shit I am in and quickly make it for my door. My only prayer now is he dosent follow me in, because I do have a house full of sleeping people.
Closing the gate I made sure the cat was loitering nowhere near for my door. At this moment, pity flowed into me and I felt bad... maybe I should get him some food?
Another of my not-so-proud moments, my intelligence fails me as I struggle to find food...
No cans of tuna or fish... so... I did the best I could.
Returning with a small ORANGE, I attempted to find the cat and feed him. Alas, he disappeared and this made me more worried... he could lose his way and starve to death...
Intelligence also returned back to me at this moment when I realise I actually have.. MILK in my fridge. I turn back and walk home only...
" WAIT, WHY IS MY GATE STILL OPEN!? "
0 comments:
Post a Comment