Power Outage

|
Yesterday happened to be a rather lucky day for me, so I shall recall its events.

Awoke in the at about noon time, when suddenly remembered had to meetup with this guy to trade him his two phones. It was still early, so I thought maybe could still play a round or two of dota.

Just when it was about to start, this loud "VROOOOM" came out.

My room has a total of 3 PCs running concurrently at any one time, + a fan. So the drastic decrease in amplitude makes the sound like that of an inverse of a roaring plane, almost like the detonation of an EMP.

I stared blankly at my monitor... which stared blankly back at me.

Power trip?

Went to check the fuses, nothing tripped. Double checked the lights, not working.

It took a full fifteen minutes for me and neighbours to realise the whole block had a power outage.

Then I realised, omg, time to deal with the guy. Took the phones, then pressed the lift button.

For the first time, I saw three lifts, all the LCD displays... blank.

HL BWGx

208 steps, I counted it all......................

The only other time I climbed all 13 floors, BAREFOOTED, was about 3 years back. When 500 dollars disappeared infront of my door.

It kinda makes you wonder a city like Singapore, will we survive the absence of voltage? I mean think about it, the first thing I thought of when I realised the power isnt going to come on for sometime was my handphone. How long will the battery last?

I mean picture this, life will almost be back to kampung days should SP decide to call a strike union. While JC ppl can continue to cry and attend their nerd lessons. Poly ppl conveniently forget to charge their laptops.

Come to realise, if everything that requires a V in the equation to work comes to naught, its as good as an island of 4 million starving people. I will be the first to sell recipies for bone marrows.

Then comes the evening.

It was a typical MSN convo, when I realised my S.E wont charge. For S.E owners you must already be familiar with the art of plugging in the charger at different angles and strength. It just so happens my cool charger wont supply VOLTS, I swear I plugged it in and out so many times that it can be considered sex.




Once upon a midnight dreary,
While I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious fix for my S.E's fault
While I nodded, neck perspiring,
Suddenly, there came a beeping,
A beeping on my MSN door.
"'Tis some visitor?" I muttered,
Only that and nothing more.

Deep into the night I went fixing,
Fixing the my S.E's unfixable flaw,
Suddenly, there came a beeping,
In the darkness I stood staring, staring at my PC's log.
My eyes widened, for tis's no ordinary log!
It was like screams echoing from the toture hall
"Imposssible!" I uttered.
May'b its nothing but the alcohol!


Gasping and panting, I looked once more.
Clearly now, its' truth like a lore.
I stumbled quickly to hit the keys
But it was too late, I collapsed to my knees.
" NOOOOOO, SURELY THIS CANNOT BE!!"
How could they even think of putting me a frame!?
Quoth the MSN: You can blame.




What's the best thing? Next morning, the S.E comes alive. 750 dollars down the drain....

0 comments: