Back from a personal record of 2 movies in a day, outside. 12 bucks.
Went to collect my gold coin which I managed to cheat from some stupid NETS game called "Roll in the Gold". Well, the coin's worth like 550 bucks, so its worth my time. Clearly, I was wrong.
10A Institution Hill, does ring a bell? No. No one even has an idea where the hell this place is. I got off Clarke Quay MRT and asked the Passenger Service staff, no one knew shit about this place and the lady even looked at me and give me a "Sorry, I can't help you" like I'm asking her for directions to Santa's House.
Next, the taxi driver. I got into the cab and read the place out to the uncle. He turned around and looked at me, as If I was naming a newly constructed road. " .... what tuition road? " he repeated in Hokkien. Seeing this was a gone case I called CA. After swerving the car for about 15 minutes, finally managed to find the place.
And If you thought this was some royal, stamford-raffles shit, boy you are wrong. Firstly the place looks like some old china shop house with new paint. Its mix of colours and architecture manage to completely obliterate traces of its origins. Walking in, I see computers all around, first impression: lanshop.
Then I see thick specs behind the computers. Second Impression: Nerd-house. Finally the lady handed me my prize. Opening it, I was just appalled. The coin.... is like twenty cent size, and only weighs 8g....
After the movies, went home, when a interesting topic was raised, at least for me. Not that I'm being subject specific, but is just that you manage to invoke thoughts which have laid in slumber within me.
Problems with parents, raise your hands. I'm sure almost everyone here has, well or have had (Problem with kids? you shouldn't be reading this)
Anyway, it just makes me ponder how many individuals surrounding me are unable to effectively cohabit with their creators. It just deeply saddens me when people like *couGH*KUNGE *ACK* , resort to blackmailing their mothers for money to mop the floor. Then there are those who clearly feel that the nurses swapped their birth tags with a more unlucky newborn because theres just no way they belong where they are.
I mean, some people say their guardians suffocate them of freedom, are restrictive and want to have a say in almost everything they do. Few even bother to consider the reason for this before distributing blame. (AH BLAME)
Yea, call me born with a silver spoon with no strings attached, my parents are understanding yours are not blahblah *insert excuses and more blame here* I mean come on, seriously? -.-
Obviously, parental controls are not superfluous, they do have their set of intentions in mind, the trouble comes when you dont see it. The bigger malice manifests when you perceive their goodwill in an ill manner. It is said, one of the best gifts another can get is the gift of sight. Although in reality that means something stupid like spectacles or a retina transplant, you get what i mean. When you see things through eyes not of your own, then will you understand.
Then come those who deny all responsibility and declare it is the fault of the misunderstanding parent. Yea, for your age you may not be getting enough independence, but please consider. Trust, very much like respect, its not of a divine birth right, you earn it. If you intend to lie to them, and expect them to trust you, then I'm sure by reading this sentence you see flaw in your logic. As the saying goes, "be the change you want to see in the world", do not expect others to take the first step. If you want to be trusted and treated like a mature individual, then act and behave like one first.
If you think you do not belong to the above scenarios, after very very very careful consideration, then I think you must have parents who are truly not meticulous to your needs. Be sure to consider if you really fall into this category as it is often human nature to self-exonerate.
There's a happy and sad truth for individuals whom fall into this category. The euphoria is that you are perfect and you have done nothing wrong. The sad fact is that the previous statement was a lie.
Lets face it, its life. If you're born here, then you can do one of two things, whine or try.
Remember the story of the two mice whom fell into the bowl of batter? Both mice struggled to keep afloat, for they would drown if they did not. The first mice quickly saw the future of his futile attempts and quickly gave up. Naturally, he drowned. The second mice kept kicking in the batter so hard for so long that he eventually churned it into butter, then proceeding to climb out of the bowl.
So heres the question, which mouse are you?
Then, of course there are those who claim to be the second mouse, but complain that their batter is expired, because it dosent turn into butter no matter how hard they churn.
A dictionary will tell you, stupidity is an object or act of being stupid. Einstein will tell you "The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Do not be ridiculous. If you fail to get what you want, trying again only defines your stupidity. I'll quote you a legendary example which I'm still surprised they have not engraved to immortalise: curfews. If your dad says 12am, coming come Cinderella is not going to make your curfew or your dad go away. For a change, try coming home on time and staying off the hook for a while. After he feels you are matured enough to self-restrict maybe he'll give you leeway.
In this world, there are many problems. However, there are also many solutions. There exists no lock that only one key can open.
Theres more. Some people do not seem to be able to get what they want even after the above. Then, it can mean one of two things. Either:
a) You trying to turn me christian
b) You need communication modules.
A. Somehow I feel that statement is self-explanatory, however, others dont think so. So allow me to elaborate. Do not ask for mountains of gold, or the stars above. Your dad is not Superman. Unreasonable demands of course will be met by unreasonable retorts. Do not compare your friend's freedom with yours, because if you do, also compare your height, weight, 8-birth characters, karma, tao, blahblah. Please understand. You may be born into a family with different culture tolerance. Some old school parents still are stick in the mud about their beliefs, and sometimes there is little you can do. But question is, like the mice, would you prefer 0 or 0.1?
B. You obviously talk a duck and no one understands you. This might seem materialistic, but your ability to get what you want, most of the time is directly proportionate to your art of argumentation. If you cant put your point across dont expect others to understand. Or else try teaching your dog to spell. The correct word here is "ask", although its definition is to debate. Argue, not with your mouth, but your brain. Do not blabber nonsense. If you really can reason out their flaws, there is really little they can say to support their decision.
Lastly, if you think you've managed to accomplish everything, but you still are stuck in a unfavourable position, then too bad, but realise most of the time, you are in a haste and probably do not even comprehend half of what I've typed. The word here is "COMPREHEND". If all else fails, then it suckstobeyou.
**** Parents ****
Somehow, by luck or chance, or something they call "fate", if you have offspring you are reading these very words then this portion might open your eyes further.
I've always been a problem when it comes to respect, especially to seniors. It is too for a very simple reason, and that is a truth that I've believed all my life.
Respect is not a birth right, its something you EARN.
Look, if you are going to talk to your son or daughter and expect them to comply with everything just because they are your children, I'd suggest you rear pigs instead. It is part of human nature to defy and what you have here is not a slave but a child. Also, whats you have omitted in the fine print when deciding to have a child is that besides food, water and sunlight,a child needs understanding, love and self-actualization.
You need to talk sense with your child, not authority. Using the line "Because I am your DAD" or "Because I said so" may seem to win you an argument. Do realise in reality the victory was but fantasy and you have but proved your incompetence to reason and ultimately that makes you, of course, a unreasonable parent. He/She may comply, but beware of the hidden dagger and the fake smile. You are forging a deadly vendetta.
Spare the rod, spoil the child. However, hit him too hard, and its not only your cane thats going to snap. Bouncing a ball harder is not going to keep it still. Where brawn has failed, kindly try to use the brain. Talking sometimes works.
Sometimes, you may think you know whats best for your child. It dosen't neccessarily mean you are correct. A high paying job? Is that what you your child wants? Or what you want? If your child, even after your zenith attempt to persuade, has your advice fallen on deaf ears, do not be quick blame on him/her or even your spouse. If you are looking for the culprit all you need to do is to find a mirror.
"天底下没有教不好的孩子, 只有不会教的父母"
It is true with age comes experience. You may be older, wiser, and have eaten more salt then us, rice. However, learning is a lifelong experience, as much as I believe a teacher can teach me, I can teach a teacher. Your wrinkles and white hair do NOT grant you righteousness.
0 comments:
Post a Comment