Visit to my cousin.

|
It came. 1pm... a seemingly harmless MSN message.. My aunt had asked me to visit.

After months of procrastination with my brother, we finally chose the sacrificial lamb to undertake this melancholic task. It was no easy feat, considering she had endless vocal ammunition, much enough to immobilize you over the phone. The product: sore arms, as the spoils of war, from gripping on to the phone, which seemed to blare an intolerable & continuous opera session. However, there was no choice. It had to be done.....

I solemnly trudged out of the house as if approaching the guillotine. The bus ride seemed long and depressing, devoid of humanitarian compassion. Each minute drew me closer to his bony fingers, which seemed to subtly welcome my throat. Shaded in his dark hood, you almost could see his reaper concealed in the other hand behind his back. Death was already impatient from his wait...

The bus skidded to a halt, and the doors opened, welcoming the scorch of noon; which seemed to faintly hint hell's fury. "Non Mihi Solum" read the board, an indication that his chamber was near. I embarked on my journey to find his lair, almost sure my requiem awaited. Heaven gave no grace by stifling his death sonata, wanting me to fall from grace unprepared.

I wandered aimlessly, as if in a pathetic attempt to hinder his grip on my soul. I walked on for an hour, after what it was supposed to be a 15 minute walk.... Simply put, I got lost, and took a DAMN big de-tour.

K, above abit exaggerated, my aunt isn't at all that bad. Just felt like I didn't want facile homo sapiens to comprehend. So met my aunt & cousin waiting below their block.. and went to eat Nyny. So talked abit, catching up on times. Not much related content can be posted here. So shall attempt to elaborate what I've observed. Nyny's margaritas are only SO-SO

I am a type of person who cannot take long bus-rides... if I'm not tired. My eyes cannot seem to spare the scenery outside.. My mind cannot relent on their nature...

This may probably not be true, however, have you considered you maybe could identify your location from the layout/structure of the HDB blocks? AMK establishments seem to place more emphasis on organisation. However, estates in west area like bb and bp seem to be more space constrained. In addition, there are lesser high-rise buildings, more low-level shop houses. The place just looks more like a town. Even their point blocks appear to be that of a typical block in bp area. There is more greenery in the area, and community image seems to have been on the top of the list. Plants and other miscellaneous facilities were in abundance.

Then we look at the majority of the population, and how they behave. The residential areas boasted more senior citizens. Sitting, contemplating on life together, and reminiscing on their greener years. Fowls for companions; to slay time, and find solace in absence of their offspring or their deceased counterparts; they seem to really understand the meaning of life... or at least their meaning on life. The youths portray a totally different image. More haphazard and opulent in vigor, they radiated an aura of arrogance.. keeping faith that their brotherhood would stand by them in their duels.

Even the shops were not spared. There were less cosmopolitan capitals, shops were more laid-back, focused on carrying on the family pride, and not in pursuit of the endless struggle to fortune.

I began to wonder and compare the difference in lifestyles of people from different districts, even in an already negligible dot on the atlas. The stress from a hustle and bustle of a city was simply absent. Life seemed alot simpler. Life seemed alot better.

And at the end of the day... you began to wonder why you came...

0 comments: