my longest dry spell. ever.
So happens I half an hour ago, I was on the computer when *poof*, everything stopped working. Not like in a PC hang-and-restart kind of way, but like a blackout. Maybe most people wont notice a blackout but my study is noisy as hell, so when the power goes off i'd know.
Anyway, flashing back, I recall a notice from HDB about a scheduled power cut off for maintenance, and realised I was going to be off for an hour. Nothing worked - fan, air-con, PC, tv.. nothing worked. Going out of the house would mean coming back roasted in the weather, and if the power was cut there was probably going to be no lift. It's like entertainment died. We are so fragile in this world of cement and stone.
It's not easy. Sitting still is hot, moving around makes it warmer. You cant open your freezer for ice or there goes your week's groceries. Maybe some slow breathing will help? Tried. Gets warmer. Slow-cooker anyone?
It was pretty much a challenge. 15 minutes into a power blackout and I was ready to give up. I did the most sensible thing - I used my laptop.
Minutes later, the power kicks in. 2:00PM.
longest.thirty.minutes.ever.
0 comments:
Post a Comment