I realise that each time there's a test coming up I am one of the few people that dont need to set alarm clocks.
No matter what time I set the clock, I'll automatically wake up 10 minutes before the alarm rings. Bio-clocks here are more accurate than quartz.
Digressing, today happens to be a radio test for me. It was a great night before was we were mahjonging and I still havent rehearsed..
Next morning, woke up... stomachache.. again. Always happens before a big test. I can't believe its actually a medical condition. Stress -> Stomach Acids. Whoever knew? =/
So I went on to do my radio test.... heres where the Ecstasy starts.
5 seconds before my time to air, suddenly someone tells me: "NO, ITS NOT 1 MINUTE MORE, ITS NOW!"
I was like WTF? Stupid analog clocks. The minute hand is neither here nor there. htf am I supposed to know which minute it is?
So I just hit the "ON" button and started narrating script. Its always good to have a neatly printed script with you. ^^
Then came the phonecall. A classmate is supposed to call in and request a song... So she calls, and requests for a nice song, Love Me - Collin Raye. Okay, so when I asked who it was going out to... She started stammering... OMFGGG
This is the worse thing that can happen to you, your caller starts stammering. Whats worse it was like those half word stammers like
"Er.. its goin-omg, ahh-ing out to... myy.. my.. err.. err.."
This is where I knew I was going to be screwed... good recording = fun time editing. Ecstasy No.2
Its super anal to edit this kind of calls as you cant edit out the whole word or it'll sound funny, but finding the exact wave to cut will take you alot of time.. and editing is done while other songs are playing, so I basically only had a few minutes...
I draw the surfer to hastily trim the ends of the recording.. then I move on to the stammering part.. WTF, its super hard to edit, as I realised it was half stammers. Before I knew it, I saw 40 seconds left on the last song... I was like okay GG. Die liao, havent finished. So I quickly just anyhow edit the rest of the recording.
The timer struck 10.. 9... 8.. and I havent inserted the recording in the playlist.. OMG, QQ! The list wont move! there was no scrollbar. WTF, no scrollbar!?
Guess it was back to stupid instincts. Select a song then press the down key many many times before you reach the end of the list..
5..4..3... I quickly dragged it in and pressed "LINK". HAHA! ON TIME.
This was ecstasy number 3. The best ever. It beats sniffing crack and glue at the same time. You get so high you swear you'll hit the ceiling. Your heart thumps so fast as adrenaline gushes in your veins...you feel so alive.
I guess this is what makes radio fun, they have free marijuana, and you dont even need a license for it. x)
0 comments:
Post a Comment